What are SARMs?
SARMs stands for “Selective Androgen Receptor Modules.” They are compounds that bind to androgen receptors selectively in the tissues of the body to help with natural hormone levels manipulation. One notable thing about androgens is that they are hormones that signal the body to make changes. That is similar to the way testosterone signals the body to grow.
SARMs have been around for much longer, since the 1940s. They have also been used to help cure diseases such as cancer, osteoporosis, and other conditions related to muscles or bone degeneration.
How Were They Created?
Initially, most SARMs were developed as a possible way to help create certain medical conditions, specifically those that are related to the loss of bone density, strength, and muscle mass. SARMs caught the eyes of researchers due to their ability to be able to bind only to the affected tissues and not anything else, such as internal organs.
The good thing about SARMs is that they don’t bind to every receptor. The key is in the “selective” part of the name. The selective nature of SARMs means that you get more specific in what you want the SARM to do, and it also much helps you to avoid plenty of side effects that result from using steroids.
You can take SARMs as orals, and this makes them quite easier and user-friendly compared to anabolics.
STEROIDAL VS. NONSTEROIDAL SARMS
The development of the nonsteroidal version of the SARMs back in the ‘90s is one of the reasons why SARMs have become quite popular recently. When it comes to the comparison between the old and new steroidal SARMs, the new ones are protein-based.
You can find a few differences between these two versions can be described as the lock and key system. The body cells are like the locks, while the receptors or binding sites are the keyholes. Steroidal SARMs activate all of the locks through acting like a thief’s key, and this can help to promote too much growth and cause an excess of unwanted side effects.
Nonsteroidal SARMs are made to work with certain adrenergic receptors. What this means is that they only affect the cellular receptors responsible for maintaining the growth and strength of bones and muscles. In short, it means that the nonsteroidal version of SARMs has low chances of causing masses of side effects.
Steroidal SARMs are known to have a wide range of side effects, and that is why it’s challenging to find them in the mainstream. However, nonsteroidal SARMs have been evaluated consistently with how they balance the side effects and results.
Research and evidence currently show that there aren’t a lot of risks, and even emerging reviews suggest that they may be the next bodybuilding technology breakthrough, thereby wholly replacing typical steroids.
However, you have to be extremely careful when buying SARMs because, according to a report by CNN, bodybuilding sold online can contain unapproved substances.
The Main Benefits of SARMs against Testosterone
There are plenty of benefits of SARMs against testosterone. They include:
- They help to increase lean muscle
- SARMs help to increase bone density
- Help to increase fat loss
- They have an anabolic effect which is similar to testosterone
- Can be used in rehab for injuries, specifically tendon and bone-related injuries
- SARMs have very few side effects compared to steroids
What Are Some of the Best SARMs for Cutting?
Here, we’ll discuss some of the best SARMs for cutting in a detailed form.
Andarine (S-4, GTx-007)
- Andarine is a potent and robust SARM that is believed to increase fat oxidation and reduce lipoprotein lipase associated with fat accumulation in the body.
- Initially, Andarine was developed to help combat conditions like osteoporosis as well as muscle wastage. S-4 is among the most researched SARMs.
- Andarine is usually used to help increase strength and muscle mass.
- The good thing about Andarine is that even low doses can help you maintain all your gains when you go into a calorie deficit to get lean.
- Andarine is an excellent choice for body recomposition or cutting.
- The best dose should start at 25mg per day split into 2 to 3 doses which are 4-6 hours apart.
- Avoid going higher than 50mg per day
- make sure they cycles are maintained for about 8 to 12 weeks maximum.
Ostarine (MK-2866, GTx-024)
- Ostarine MK-2866 is quite a versatile SARM. It is very bulk and, therefore, can assist bodybuilders in growing their muscles.
- Ostarine is also able to help anyone who wants to lose weight but only by losing fat.
- The supplementation of Ostarine can help in the breakdown of consumed calories as well as boosting the use of available energy, thereby triggering the loss of fat.
- Ostarine also triggers the oxidization of fat cells. It helps you to lose fat and prevent fat cells from getting more significant. Ostarine can also help you avert accumulating adipose.
- Take 25mgs of Ostarine per day for 4 weeks at a time.
- You can even take it once a day.
- Ligandrol is a product of Ligand Pharmaceuticals which helps in the prevention of muscle wasting and muscle atrophy related to old age and cancer.
- Today, bodybuilders and athletes use it to build muscle mass and recomposing their bodies.
- People usually use Ligandrol to help them reach their weight loss goals because lean muscles burn more calories than fat during workouts.
- Ligandrol doesn’t cause any water retention or bloating. But, it can cause mild testosterone suppression.
- Experts recommend taking 5 to mg’s of Ligandrol a day for about 8 weeks.
- It is also highly recommended to stack with other SARMs such as
- Cardarine is normally labeled as a SARM, although it’s not.
- It was developed by GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) and Ligand Pharmaceuticals to help treat cardiovascular diseases.
- It is normally used to help decrease bad cholesterol levels and increase the level of good cholesterol in the body.
- It is a PPAR gamma receptor agonist, and that means it makes it able for your body to expend energy while resting.
- However, instead of your body consuming energy for the muscles, it burns fat for it.
- The average recommended dose is about 10 to 20 mg a day, taken in an 8-week cycle.
- You can also stack it with Ostarine and Andarine to assist in fat loss.
- Stenabolic is also another drug generally referred to as a SARM, but it’s not. Stenabolic is a Rev-Erba agonist that was created by a Professor known as Thomas Burris.
- The Rev-Erba helps in different functions that make changes to our metabolism.
- It does that by increasing the number of mitochondria in the cells and controlling the rhythms of circadian.
- What this means is that you can get an energy boost by enhancing your metabolism and burning fat loss.
- If you are stacking it with Cardarine, take 20mg of Cardarine with breakfast and 10mg of Stenabolic with a pre-workout meal.
Which One is the Best?
Judging by all the SARMs we’ve discussed here, it is clear to note that each serves a different and unique purpose. Therefore, there isn’t any way to say one that is better than the other. It all depends on you as the user. You should choose the one that seems to fit best into your needs.
The best SARMs for cutting tend to come with a variety of factors, benefits, and side effects. When choosing a SARM to use, you have to consider all these aspects and ensure you are using one that will work best for you according to the goals that you want to achieve.